Friday, April 6, 2007

Another Day At Work

It is 9:34am and I'm supposed to be hard at work. BUT I am not, why? Because nothing ever happends on Fridays. I work in the office of a moulding company, I answer phones and take orders. At first the job wasn't so bad, I would wake up and get to work at least 7mins before I was supposed to making sure I was prompt and on time. As time went on, I realized that I absolutely hate taking orders. I don't mind the customers, I actually like most of them. However my "grandparents" are a totally different story. They aren't my grandparents, actually only one is biologically related to me, Jim. I don't like calling him "grandpa" because he doesn't deserve the title of it. He was absent for my whole life, and when a girl at his work quit unannounced, all of a sudden I was a hot comodidity. He is just using me because I took the year off to decide what I wanted to do with my life. Apparently he thinks that I want to work for him. He's mistaken.

I was actually tricked into working for my Jim by my father. Damn. Early one Monday morning when my brain hadn't clicked on yet, he said "Hey get ready to go" so I blinked unevenly and rolled out of bed to get ready. Geeze, the more I look back on it the more I shouldn't have been home that morning. Once I got ready I sat in his truck, and said "Where are we going?" ...you know what he said? He said "We're going to Jim's" "Who's Jim?" "Your grandfather" DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!

No comments: